August 16th, 2014 – my very first post “Thank You” was published! It was important for me to start the blog with these two important words, words that I try to say every single day. I am grateful, deeply deeply grateful for everybody and everything that I have in my life. When I catch myself complaining or questioning my life, these words bring me back to the simple truth – I am here. Now. This is my time on this beautiful Earth and I am grateful for each day. The true happiness started for me with this sense of gratitude – to my family, to the nature, to crafting.
Since the very first post I felt really comfortable in this place, sharing my projects, love for yarn, inspiring fiber artists and world around me, finding this amazing community that I felt quiet disconnected with before the blog. I didn’t even know that much about Ravelry! My only online presence was just my email, which wasn’t bad at all, but after I got into the blogosphere , the whole new world opened up! Now you can find me on Ravelry, Instagram and Twitter.
I am happy to find so many wonderful, inspiring and engaging blogs by so many talented people during this year. I don’t like to play favorites with my blog feed and there is just not enough space to list all my reads here 🙂 There is really hardly a day without reading at least one or two inspiring posts by you! Thank you for doing such a great job!
I did some numbers 🙂
The Gift of Knitting. 1 year old. 157 posts. 27 documented FOs. 1012 comments (Thank you so much for taking your time to leave your comments! I read every single one of them and they always make my day! ).
Your favorite posts during this year.
World Crafters series – Nataly. Kiev, Ukraine.
Friday Inspiration series – Knitting in Art.
WIP yarn post – Joined The Gang.
FO details post – Knit Dress. Pure.
FO wearing post – Textured Jacket.Wearing.
Here are some random facts about me – just to know a person behind all these knits a little bit better 🙂
- I love knitwear. I love wearing it, I love making it, I love taking pictures of it, I love touching it…
- My favorite time of the day is the early morning.
- I don’t watch TV.
- I’ve never made a hat or a sock in my entire knitting life. I always end up casting on for a garment.
- I’ve read Gone With The Wind 14 times.
- I am awful at cooking and housekeeping.
- My biggest hobby after knitting/crochet is sport – pilates, yoga, strength training and dog walking 🙂
- I call my two Grannies my best girlfriends.
- My close people call me Alinenok, which means “little dear” in Russian.
- My favorite food is my Granny’s cottage cheese pancakes.
- I love astronomy and watched all possible documentaries about the universe.
- My biggest dream is to learn how to fully live in the present moment. I am working on it 🙂
Thank you for visiting and staying with me! It means a lot! Looking forward to the new year of blogging!
Sincerely yours, Alina.